15 Interesting Facts About Dubai You Probably Didn't Know Before.

Dubai is the largest and most populous city in the United Arab Emirates. It is located on the southeast coast of the Persian Gulf and is the capital of the Emirate of Dubai, one of the seven emirates that make up the country.




Here are some Facts about Dubai you probably didn't know before. So Let's Start.

1. The city has the largest indoor mall on the planet, the biggest aquarium, the tallest hotel and the grandest indoor ski park – yes, you read that right.



2. Ferrari World is the first and only Ferrari-branded theme park and largest indoor theme park in the world situated in Dubai.

3. There are ATMs in Dubai that dispense gold bars.


4. Dubai has no address system, no zip codes, no area codes and no postal system. Hence, online shopping is not right way to shop!


5. Dubai Miracle Garden, the world’s largest flower garden opened in Dubai on Valentine’s Day in 2013.

6. According to the Guinness Book of World Records, the Dubai Mall is the largest mall in the world in terms of total area.


7. The Palm Islands in Dubai are some of the world's largest man-made islands (The construction of Dubai’s Palm Islands required 94 million cubic meters of sand.

The Empire State Building is 37 million cubic meters).


8. The crime rate in Dubai is pretty low. Virtually it is 0% across Dubai. That is why this city is considered one of the safest cities on earth.

9. Approximately world’s 25% of cranes are used in Dubai for the development of the skyscrapers and other residential / commercial projects.   


10. It is the most surprising fact about the state of Dubai. They didn’t have any income tax on your personal income. So, you enjoy your income without paying any income tax!


11. The tallest building in the world, Burj Khalifa, with a 164 floors is in Dubai (The Burj Khalifa is so tall that some of its residents need to wait longer to break fast during Ramadan.)

12. You can get jailed for showing any gesture that can be considered rude - which includes showing a finger at an Arab Local.


13. A city is currently being built in Dubai that will rely entirely on solar energy and other renewable energy sources, with a sustainable, zero-carbon, zero-waste ecology.

14. It is estimated that “10 to 15 percent of Dubai’s population” are Emiratis, while the other 85% are expatriates. The majority come from Asia, in order to work in the still-booming real estate market.


15. Dubai produces between 50,000 to 70,000 barrels of oil per day, which is roughly 11,000 m3. This is enough to fill 4.4 Olympic swimming pools. 


These are some of the facts about Dubai. I hope you will enjoy it. 

Post a Comment

0 Comments